Devlin’s Boat Building Manual, 2023 revised edition, is a comprehensive how-to book on the Stitch-and-Glue technique. The first edition from 1996 sold more than 70,00 copies worldwide. What makes this new edition different?
- An updated explanation of every step of the building process that have resulted from 3 more decades of experience here at the shop.
- New time and labor saving techniques that Sam has devised since the publishing of the first edition.
- Discussions of new developments in boat systems, such as electric and solar electric power.
- A new chapter on building Stitch-and-Glue boats from the amateur’s perspective, written by WoodenBoat Magazine contributing writer Lawrence W. Cheek.
- A vastly expanded and illustrated appendix of Devlin Boat designs, ranging from the 7 1/2 foot Polliwog tender to the oceangoing 54-foot Oso Blanco motorsailer.
- 463 photographs and drawn illustrations, up from 179 in the first edition.
Sam, along with many thousands of backyard boatbuilders who have built fine boats from his plans, are firmly convinced that the the Stitch-and-Glue method is the easiest and quickest way to build a strong, lightweight, low-maintenance wooden boat hull. This book is the essential companion to any of Sam’s plans – or the first step in turning a dream into a boat.
This book is now available from Devlin Boat. Order here.
We ship only to the 48 contiguous states. For other destinations you can order the book from Amazon, They also will soon be offering Sam’s book in an “e-book” format.